“REAL ESTATE AGENT”
Most people personally know at least a few realtors or, if you don’t, you have a close friend or family member who probably does. With so many realtors to choose from, how do you select the right one to represent you in your purchase or sale? Here are a few questions to consider as you look for a realtor:
1. Are they experienced enough to handle your type of transaction?
Remember that age does not necessarily mean experience, either!
2. Do they understand enough about what you are personally going through in your own housing situation to be effective in helping you navigate the process?
3. Do they have a team?
A realtor working alone can only do one thing at a time and can only be in one place at a time. Sometimes ‘time’ can be a critical issue!
4. Do they have connections to other professionals who are equally as knowledgable?
Having a realtor who’s in cohesion with a good mortgage broker, lawyer, accountant, inspector, and people in trades not only speaks to their credibility, it also assists in ensuring that your experience will be the best it possibly can.
5. Do they have the resources to properly advertise and market your home?
Most realtors put your place on the MLS and wait for it to sell. That’s not enough! Find a realtor who will be active in advertising your property through multiple platforms.
6. Do they have connections to find you the home you’re looking for, and to find it before someone else does?
Again, a realtor who simply uses the MLS is not enough. Find a realtor who is actively working for your benefit, not passively waiting for something to show up.
These are just a few criteria to think about when searching for a realtor to work with. There are many other factors to consider before committing to someone and we’d be happy to provide you with more questions to ask!
At The Reimer Group, we are determined to serve our clients with integrity and hard work. If you want to discuss how we differentiate ourself from our competitors, give us a call. We’d love to chat with you!